Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. The weather was absolutely perfect. I had a great time eating good food, and playing Watcha Mouth with the family. I know the calender says spring begins on March 20th, however, Easter has always marked the start of spring for me. The flowers are blooming, and you can start to count on the fact that these nice days are here to stay.
With the nice weather sticking around it had me thinking about those spring essentials. Every season I create a list of my top must-haves for the season; aside from coffee, which always makes the list! After being couped up all winter, believe me when I say that getting outside for some vitamin D is a MUST! What are some of your spring essentials?
1.White denim pants : This should come as no surprise to anyone who reads LLP regularly. I love my white jeans! I literally wore them straight through the winter. However, spring is the season white denim was created for. On those 60 degree spring days, white denim and a cute top is an easy and quick outift that I resort to often, making these the perfect spring essential.
2. Sunnies: Everyone needs a great pair of sunnies, or ten. I have about 5 pairs in my car, 4 in my house, and some hanging around in the bottom of each of my purses. I love to have an assortment of different styes. For affordable and fun sunglasses check out DIFF. I personally love DIFF eyewear. For every sale they donate a pair of reading glasses to a person in need. USE CODE: Lifepretty for 25% off your own pair
3. Sunless Tan: Its time to pull out the shorts and tanks tops. I can’t tell you how nice it was to rock my jean skirt on Easter with some bronzed legs. The before and after are truly shocking for only ten minutes. Aside from the fact that tanning beds are awful, you will spend much more time and money trying to achieve half the color I achieved. If you are in the Boston area, give Shannon a call at West End Salon & Spa. She is AMAZING!! This before and after was from one application! To bad she couldn’t spray on a six pack or a nice butt, HEHE!
4. Neutral Wedges: You have probably seen my collection of neutral wedges! My favorite this season is definitely my Steve Madden Jaylen Wedge. They go with pretty much any sundress, short or pant you would ever wish to wear this season.
5. Cute Water Bottle: This one might seem strange. With the warmer weather creepin up on us, I can’t stress the need to stay hydrated! My skin looks and feels so much better when I am getting the right intake of H2O. A cute water bottle helps me to drink more water and not mind lugging it around with me all the time.
6. Statement Earrings: If you follow any fashion bloggers on Instagram, then you know that statement earrings are having a major moment. Have you seen all the gorgeous and fun earrings that are coming across your feeds? Baublebar is where I seem to have the best luck. They recently launched a line at Target called sugarfix and it’s so affordable!
7. Straw Tote: I havent purchased one yet, I just can’t make up my mind! They are all so cute this season. They’re are the perfect bag from beach to bar. You can even fit in a maxi dress to carry you from sand to supper. I have linked a bunch of super cute straw bags at all price points below. Get your hands on one of the spring essential totes!
8. Moisturizer/Suncreen: The sun is very strong at this time of the year, and it’s time to show that skin. I personally use cocunt oil for my body and La Roche Posay balm on my face. As far as suncreen, I haven’t found a favorite. If you have, please share it with me. It doesn’t matter what you use, JUST USE IT. Don’t let this spring essential sit in a draw, OK!
9. Bold Lip color: Spring is all about bright bold colors. If you’re not comfortable rocking a bright wardrobe, rock a bright lip! Every season I change up my lip colors and spring is certainly my favorite. Cute story, Mason told Brian he wanted to buy me makeup for my birthday. At the store, Mason picked the colors out himself. A matte white and bold orange. I dont know if those will make my top ten. However, I will rock them once or twice to make Mason proud. The things we do for our children. Don’t laugh if you see me, at least not in front of Mason!
10. A sunhat: This should be number 1. I can not stress how important it is to protect your skin for the sun. Have you ever heard the song, “Sunscreen”. That song could not be more true. If you get a chance, listen to it and leave me a comment. Hats are totally in style too, which makes it even better! I have about 1o. They certainly make you look chic and pulled together. Grab yourself one, and use for those not so great hair days!
I know this post was a long one, but sometimes I just get going and can’t stop. Spring is here, and I want to be 100% ready to enjoy as much of it as I possibly can. If you read the title, then you already know about the GIVEAWAY I am doing with some amazing blogger friends. You will be entered to win a $500 Target gift card! If you need any spring essentials this giveaway would be perfect for you! You can enter below. Have a fabulous week, and hope you enjoyed my spring essentails list!