Who else is ready to talk spring trends! The calender might be reading February, however in the fashion world it’s already spring. The weather here this weekend made me eager to start my spring shopping. After watching the runway shows at New York Fashion Week I have a good idea of what spring trends will be big. Watching the designers showcase their collections for the spring season made me even more excited to rock these new spring trends.
I picked up this gorgeous Yumi Kim dress at the shop style event in New York. When I saw the bright bold print I knew this dress would transition perfectly into spring. Yumi Kim had a bunch of pieces that incorportated the spring trends. This look is no trend with its head all over bold floral print. For this look I definatly mixed high and low pieces to achieve this look. The leather jacket is super afforadable from Shein. The shoes are my favorite heel from last season by Vince Camuto, and this bag….well, I know you know its Rebecca Minkoff because I have been wearing the sh*t out of it!
- Floral is always a spring trend. This spring however, it’s not quite the floral prints we are used to. We are bringing out the big guns this spring. The trend seems to be more 70’s inspired with saturated prints. Big and bold flroal from head to toe! By designers: Tibi, Altuzarra, and Balenziaga
- Embriodery : You can find this spring trend on everything! Wether on skirts, sweatshirts or flats nothing is safe from a little embroidery. Roses and flowers are what seems to be the stand out when it comes to this trend.
- The oxford shirt: This isn’t your standard oxford dress shirt. The new take is making a statement. The dress shirt redo with big sleeves, cut outs, ruffles and maybe even a little embroidery. I saw this trend making its way down the runway. They had interesting waistlines, fun hems, and cut out shoulders. By designers : Banana Republic & 3.1 Philip Lim.
- Stripes: Stripes are one of fashions favorite prints. This season they are huge, some literally! Bright stripes in every size and color. This trend is vibrant and bold. Don’t be scared to go big . By collections designed by; Altuzarra, Red Valentino, and Provenza Schouler.
- Single shoulder cut out/Flashdance shoulder : Showing that sexy shoulder is still huge this coming season. I know everyone was loving that off the shoulder look. This time its one shoulder. This trend is a perfect touch to a dress or blouse. It’s feminime, flirty and adds that perfect touch of sexy appeal. I saw this spring trend from designers: Chloe, Yves St. Laurent, and Tibi
- Bra Tops : It’s time to step out in your bra, girls! Seriously this whole bra trend is huge. The bra top was making a big statement on the cat walk at New York Fashion Week. This sexy little number is great paired with high waisted coullettes, or put under your favorite sheer top( also huge at NYFW). Its all about confidence and proportions when it comes to this spring trend. Victoria Beckham showcased this, alsong with Oscar de La Renta and Alexander Wang.
- Ruffles: Spring trends just got a whole lot girlier. We are bringing ruffles on strong this season. You will find these from head to toe on some spring pieces. If that is to much frill, a ruffled blouse should do! I love this super girly touch. Its add texture, interest, and gives an illusion of a bigger chest (Ill take all the help I can get)! As seen on the runway from Prabal gurung, Zimmerman, and J.crew
- Sheer: Dresses, shirts, tank tops, and what ever else you can think of! I saw a lot of nipple at NYFW. However, to rock this trend you do not have to be that daring. With the bra top or cute bralette you can easily layer. In collections by: Lanvin & Alexander McQueen
Every season has a few stand out colors, and this season is no exception. Pink, Khaki, and blue are the shades to be seen in. This spring its time to channel the 80’s decade. We are talking irredesent, big sleeves, ruffles, and earrings larger then life. I know I for one am very excited! So show your style and your physic. Spring trends are all about the see though sheers, cut outs, and rocking out with your bra out! Hope you enjoyed this very long, but hopefully informative post on what to be seen in this spring. I will be uploading my spring shopping list if you’re looking to shop some of these great trends. Its time to step out of our comfort zones. Lets rock these trends with confidence and sass!