Roses, fancy heels, and champagne, does that sound like your romantic Valentine’s day dinner? Well…..it certainly isnt the case for me. Brian and I are much more low key. Chances that we will actually be able to celebrate our Valentine’s Day dinner that week is pushing it. This super cute and fun sequin sweatshirt is probably more realistic to the look I will be wearing. I saw Monic from Simplysutter wearing it and instantly knew I needed it.
I love Valentine’s Day for the simple fact that roses, chocolate, and sappy love stories are my favorite. This weekend Brian is heading to New York with me for New York Fashion Week. It is our little Valentine’s Day getaway. However with all Fashion Week obligations I hope we are able to spend some quality R&R together. Hey if I have to skip a few shows to spend time with my love then so be it! If that isnt true love, then I dont know what is!!
This outfit is certainly what I will be wearing this Valentine’s Day. After all the dolling up, and rushing around this weekend a great sweatshirt is going to be my best friend. I love that the sequin detailing and great fit makes it look like y0u tried (even if you didn’t). I dont know about you but 80% of the time you will find me in a cute but comfortable look like this. These Blank NYC jeans are perfect now that I did a little DYI to the hem. It super easy and I have been doing the uneven hem to all my jeans that are to long for me.
So is Valentine’s Day a day you love or hate? I go back and forth but this year I am totally bitten by the love bug. It doesn’t have to be an expensive dinner and lavish gifts. There is so many great fun and affordable things to do with your love. To be honest, these are actually my favorite because the pressure isnt there!
- Dessert before Dinner; Head to an old fashion ice cream parlor. skip dinner and go big. Gets the banana split or load up on toppings. For once you dont need to eat your dinner before dessert. This really is your childhood dream.
- Matena; Grab a few of your favorite movies. Stay in your pj’s and cuddle up watching those sappy Valentine’s day flicks.
- Beautiful people, seeing beautiful places; Be a tourist in your own town. Go see all the sites. Walk around and grab lunch. This might sound wierd, but try it! Your favorite spot could still be waiting to be found.
- Dinner or two; Restaurants are great, but lets try something different. With all these services like blueapron why not try to create your own masterpiece. Best part you don’t even have to get dressed. Or maybe you do…..but end up naked!! One of the luxuries of being at home wink,wink!
- Disconnect; Did I just say disconnect for social media? I know I drive Brian Crazy always being on my phone. How about shutting everything down. Go for a coffee date. Weather you sit inside the coffee shop, go for a cruise, or simply walk around. Connect with your love.
If your single, well heck, how about getting the girls together for Galentines Day party. I saw Franky Garza through a super cute together with DYI tee shirts. Hope everyone is feeling the LOVE!!
Follow me on Instagram and Instastories to see my weekend at New York Fashion Week.